South Dakota Department of Health Update: 08-07-2020:
The South Dakota Department of Health has confirmed (through their COVID-19 website) that there are now 128 total cases of COVID-19 in Brookings County, and 109 of those individuals have recovered. There are currently eighteen (18) active cases and one (1) death. The South Dakota Department of Health COVID-19 webpage is updated daily with new cases of the coronavirus. At this time, Brookings County is in the "substantial" community spread category.
Local, Regional and National COVID-19 Data Update: 08-07-2020:
Source: Bonny Specker, Ph. D., South Dakota State University, Division of Research and Economic Development.
Video Update: - August 7th, 2020
Weekly Summary: Updated - Week ending August 7th, 2020
- New cases per day decreased from 260,000 to 255,000 over the last week. Deaths per day have been fairly constant at 5,800.
- New cases per day decreased over the last week from 66,000 to 57,000 and there has been a slight decrease in the number of deaths per day from 1,200 to 1,100.
- The total number of US deaths from COVID (n=162,804) is greater than deaths from World War I and the Korean war combined (n=153,090).
- The number of new cases over the last week increased from an average of 81 per day to 87 per day and the average number of deaths per day increased slightly.
- There were 607 new cases & 14 new COVID deaths in the past week, with totals of 9,371 cases & 144 deaths.
- The total number of SD COVID deaths is now greater than the total number of deaths from influenza over the last three years combined (n=139).
- 15 new cases in Brookings this past week compared to five new cases last week for a total of 128 cases.
- First COVID death occurred this week.
Journal of American Medical Association Articles: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2768914 https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2768916
Daily Data | COVID-19 | Updated - August 7th, 2020
Download a PDF version of the data presented below here