Declaring Surplus Property
Whereas, the City of Brookings is the owner of the following described equipment formerly used at the City of Brookings:
Park & Recreation Dept.
- House, located at 1615 22nd Ave. So., SW ¼ excluding H-4, Section 34-T110N-R49W (The house was used by a former Golf Course employee who has since retired. The house was offered to Habitat for Humanity, and they chose to not accept it. The house will be sold and moved off of the property.)
- 2008 Brush Bandit 250XP Chipper
- House, located at 659 Faculty Drive, Lot 17 of College Addition (The property located at 659 Faculty Drive was purchased as part of a Hazard Mitigation Grant through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for funding to purchase the property for the installation of storm sewer and reshaping the parcel to create added detention. The house and garage will be demolished. Habitat for Humanity will be allowed to salvage the reusable items in the home prior to demolition.)
- 2 ½ Ton Bumper Air Jack, Brookings City ID #9801
- 2 ¼ Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack, Serial #49837 (does not work)
- Hydraulic Press Frame
- Government Surplus Arc Welding Set
- 5-inch NST Low Head Suction Strainer
- 1996 FRHT FL70 Water Tender, Serial #1FYGHFAA0TL793661
- 4 – 20” truck tires
Whereas, in the best financial interest, it is the desire of the City of Brookings to dispose of as surplus property; and
Whereas, the City Manager is hereby authorized to sell or dispose of said surplus property.
Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved by the governing body of the City of Brookings, SD, that this property be declared surplus property according to SDCL Chapter 6-13.
Passed and approved this 9th day of June, 2020.
CITY OF BROOKINGS
Keith W. Corbett, Mayor
Bonnie Foster, City Clerk