The City of Brookings is sharing the following message on behalf of Brookings Municipal Utilities. More information related to this topic can be found by visiting the newsfeed of the Brookings Municipal Utilities website at: http://www.brookingsutilities.com
Brookings Municipal Utilities would like to thank everybody for doing their part to reduce energy usage in Brookings. The demand on the national electric system is still at an emergency level (see press release here), and is expected to remain high through noon on Thursday. Please continue to help with the power supply issue by conserving energy in your home or business.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Set thermostat to 68 degrees or lower.
- Unplug non-essential appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances.
- Dress more warmly with loose-fitting layers.
- Keep your refrigerator closed as much as possible.
- Close rooms to avoid wasting heat.
- For more tips on saving energy, visit www.brightenergysolutions.com
Questions or concerns should be directed to Brookings Municipal Utilities.